NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) provides access to aerospace-related citations, full-text online documents, images, and videos. The types of information included are: conference papers, journal articles, meeting papers, patents, research reports, images, movies, and technical videos – scientific and technical information (STI) created or funded by NASA.
By maintaining the NTRS collection, the STI Program supports NASA’s strategic goals to:
- Expand the frontiers of knowledge, capability, and opportunity in space.
- Advance understanding of Earth and develop technologies to improve the quality of life on our home planet.
- Serve the American public and accomplish our Mission by effectively managing our people, technical capabilities, and infrastructure.
The NTRS integrates the following three NASA collections and enables search and retrieval through a common interface:
- NACA Collection: Citations and reports from the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics period lasting from 1915 to 1958, with information dating back to 1900.
- NASA Collection: Citations and documents created or sponsored by NASA starting in 1958 and continuing to the present.
- NIX Collection: Citations and links to the images, photos and movies once contained in the NASA Image eXchange as well as other collections currently curated by NASA and its various centers.
Please see NASA Disclaimers, Copyright Notice, and Terms and Conditions of Use for information on how to use NASA’s scientific and technical information.